April Director Education Day
Sunday, April 22, 2018
DINNER ON YOUR OWN
Monday, April 23, 2018
||Group Buffet Breakfast (available 7:00 - 8:00 am)
Director Education Program
|Lunch for class attendees
Director Education Program:
NRECA BLC 944.1
Giving & Receiving Effective Feedback
Is feedback necessary? Many people don't like to offer feedback in a professional setting and even fewer like to receive it. However, studies show that giving and receiving feedback is a requirement of any functional relationship. Electric co-op boards must give feedback to the CEO if the relationship with its only employee is to be effective and productive. Directors receiving feedback from members is the bedrock principle of co-op democracy and member engagement. This course will provide valuable skills and instructor-guided practice opportunities to sharpen the skills needed to successfully give and receive both types of feedback.
¨ Recognize the importance of giving and receiving feedback effectively
¨ Given a scenario, conduct and evaluate effective feedback practices
¨ Demonstrate techniques for delivering feedback to CEOs of different generations or gender
¨ Given a member-on-the-street scenario, practice receiving and responding to feedback about your co-op
About the Instructor: Beth Knudson, BeThEnergy Consulting
As her company name indicates, Beth’s energy and her passion for electric cooperatives are the driving forces behind her consulting business.
Beth began her cooperative career as a Marketing & Event Coordinator in 2011. She now focuses on cooperative education and youth development. Whether she’s teaching and developing curriculum for high schoolers, co-op employees, or board members, Beth’s goal is to teach others about the rich history, current opportunities, and promising future of electric cooperatives.
Beth has a degree in education from Minnesota State University Moorhead. When she’s not running around the country spreading the good news about electric co-ops, she is home in Minnesota. She has four spirited kids and the most supportive husband on the planet. She affectionately refers to her tribe as the #AnokaCounty6Pack and loves being outside, (except when it’s REALLY cold) curling up with a book, writing, and sitting in bleachers watching her aforementioned troop of kiddos find their own passions.
Accommodations:Omni Hotel 100 South 12th Street Richmond, VA 23219 (804) 344-7000
Group Room Rate:
- Flat rate of $164.00 plus tax for single or double room.
- 1 night’s advance deposit or credit card guarantee secures room reservation.
- Hotel accepts major credit cards or cash for settlement of account.
Reservation Cut-off Date:
- Make reservations by March 26th by visiting the Omni Webpage for VMDAEC at: April Education Day - Omni
- Check-in is after 3:00 pm and check-out is 12:00 pm.
- Cancellations received 72 hours before day of arrival avoid penalty of first night’s room rate.
- Valet parking is available for $22 per day, which includes unlimited ins and outs.
Member cooperatives will be billed following the meeting for attendees as follows:
- Director Education Program $400.00 per person
- Breakfast Buffet Monday $37.50 per person
- Lunch Monday $42.00 per person
- In accordance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, we invite all registrants to advise us of any disability and any requests for accommodation to that disability. Please submit your request as far as possible in advance of the program you wish to attend.
The deadline to register is Monday, March 26, 2018.
Final guarantees are due by Friday, April 13, 2018.
Member cooperatives will be billed based on figures in-hand on April 18th.
Questions? Contact Brandon Burton, Director of Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 968-7153.