All 140 members of the Virginia General Assembly will be up for election in November 2023 in newly drawn districts. Your participation in Legislative Day 2023 is more important than ever as we seek to bring the issues of rural electrification to Richmond. Your Government Affairs Team needs your help to share our stories about the cooperative difference.
Legislative Day events will begin with a briefing on our cooperative issues at 7:00 am by Sadie Gary, VMDAEC Director of Governmental Affairs. It will be followed by a breakfast program featuring a legislative guest speaker. Following the morning session, cooperatives will separate into groups and depart for the General Assembly Building (GAB) to meet with legislators. Members can walk or take a shuttle to the GAB.
Note: The General Assembly building is still at its temporary location at 900 East Main Street on the corner of 9th Street and Main Street. Bus service will be available and walking directions will be provided at the VMDAEC registration desk.
All Legislative Day events will take place on Tuesday, January 24.
- The General Assembly building is still at its temporary location at 900 East Main Street on the corner of 9th Street and Main Street. Bus service will be available and walking directions will be provided at the VMDAEC registration desk.
- Members who are not registered lobbyists with a state-issued lobbyist identification card will be required to pass through security when entering the GAB. Please allow appropriate time when scheduling your legislative visits.
- In accordance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, we invite all registrants to advise us of any disability and any requests for accommodation to that disability. Please submit your request on the registration form in the additional comments section or email Mary Soulios in advance of the program you wish to attend.
- Dinner is on your own Monday evening. Please refer to the list of restaurants below that are in the area of the Hilton Downtown Hotel. We hope you will find this helpful in making your plans for Monday evening.
Registration fee for both days – $175
Tuesday ONLY – $50
Click the REGISTER NOW button to register for this meeting.
The registration fee helps to cover meals and event expenses.
Registrations will be due no later than Friday, January 6, 2023.
Final guarantees are due Friday, January 6, 2023.
Member cooperatives will be billed based on figures in hand on January 6, 2023.
Special Note: There are attrition fees absorbed by the Association for last-minute cancellations and no-shows. If you must cancel, please notify Brandon Burton ASAP.
Legislative Briefing Agenda
All Legislative Day events will
take place on Tuesday
MONDAY, JANUARY 23, 2023
Registration Desk Opens
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Governmental Affairs Committee Meeting
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
ACRE Awards Lunch
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Association Board of Directors’ Meeting
4:00 – 4:30 p.m.
RHI Board Meeting
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Co-op Legislative Reception
Individual Co-op Dinner with Local Legislators (optional)
TUESDAY, JANUARY 24, 2022
7:00 – 8:00 a.m.
Coffee Talk & Legislative Briefing
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Legislative Office Visits
A room block has been reserved at the Hilton Downtown Hotel as follows:
- Flat rate of $17.00 plus tax for single or double room.
- 1 night’s advance deposit or credit card guarantee secures room reservation.
- Check-in is after 4:00 p.m. and check-out is by 11:00 a.m.
- Hotel accepts major credit cards or cash for settlement of accounts.
- Cancellations received 72-hours before the day of arrival avoids penalty of first night’s room rate.
- Valet parking is available for $27 per day.
- Click here for directions.
Located inside Hilton Downtown Hotel,
529 E Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219 • 804-644-2466
501 E Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23219 • 804-644-4777
412 E Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23219 • 804-788-9000
111 E Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23219 • 804-912-1560
Located inside Hilton Downtown Hotel,
501 E Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219 • 804-344-4300
420 E. Grace Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219 • 804-377-3968
525 E Grace Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219 • 804-447-5410
1 West Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia 23220 • 804-225-0035
Future Meeting Dates
February 4 – 7
2023 Directors Conference
Loews Kansas City Hotel or Online
Kansas City, MO
March 3 – 8
Board Strategic Planning Meeting
VMD Training Center
July 23 – 25
VMDAEC Annual Meeting
September 6 – 8
Regional Meetings 1 & 4
Greater Richmond Convention Center
October 23 – 24
Board Budget Meeting & Education Day
Glen Allen, VA