- January Quarterly Board Meeting & Legislative Day
January 27, 2020 - January 28, 2020
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Monday, January 27, 2020
|10:30 am||Registration Desk Opens|
– 1:00 pm
|Governmental Affairs Committee Meeting
Committee members will receive a separate meeting notice from Brian Mosier.
– 3:30 pm
|Association Board of Directors’ Meeting & ACRE Awards|
– 4:00 pm
|RHI Board Meeting|
– 5:15 pm
|Open time for visits and networking|
– 6:30 pm
Individual Co-op Dinner with Local Legislators (optional)
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
|6:30 am||Registration Continues|
|7:00 am||Legislative Briefing|
– 9:00 am
|Buffet Breakfast with Guest Speaker
|Legislative Office Visits|
All Legislative Day events will take place on Tuesday, January 28th.
Be sure to participate as all 140 Virginia legislators are up for election, so this will be a great opportunity to meet your legislators and their associates. We will focus on educating them on the cooperative business model and the issues that will be affecting our members and their constituents. This is our chance to make sure our member’s voices are heard, so we need the cooperatives to be well represented.
Legislative Day events will begin with a briefing on our cooperative issues at 7:00 am by Andrew Vehorn, VMDAEC Vice President of Governmental Affairs. It will be followed by a breakfast program featuring a legislative guest speaker and possible award recipient. Following the morning session, cooperatives will separate into groups and depart for the General Assembly Building (GAB) to meet with legislators. Members can walk or take a shuttle to the GAB.
Note: The General Assembly building is still at its temporary location at 900 East Main Street on the corner of 9th Street and Main Street. Bus service will be available and walking directions will be provided at the VMDAEC registration desk.
Members who are not registered lobbyists with a state issued lobbyist identification card will be required to pass through security when entering the GAB. Please allow appropriate time when scheduling your legislative visits.
Association Board of Directors Meeting:
The quarterly Board of Directors Meeting will be held Monday, January 27 from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
Member cooperatives will be billed following the meeting for attendees as follows:
- Tuesday Buffet Breakfast $38.00 per person
Final guarantee numbers will be due no later than Friday, January 17, 2020.
- In accordance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, we invite all registrants to advise us of any disability and any requests for accommodation to that disability. Please submit your request as far as possible in advance of the program you wish to attend.
- Dinner is on your own Monday evening. Please refer to the list below of restaurants in the area of the Hilton Downtown Hotel. We hope you will find this helpful in making your plans for Monday evening.
- Julep’s New Southern Cuisine | 420 E. Grace St. Richmond, Virginia 23219 | (804) 377-3968
- La Grotta | Located inside Hilton Downtown Hotel, 529 E. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23219 | (804) 644-2466 | https://www.lagrottarva.com/
- Rappahannock Oyster Company | 320 E Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23219 | (804) 545-0565 | https://www.rroysters.com/restaurants/rappahannock
The deadline to register is Friday, January 3, 2020.
Final guarantees are due by Friday, January 17, 2020.
Member cooperatives will be billed based on figures in-hand on January 17, 2020.
Questions? Contact Robin Byrd Wilfong, Corporate Events & Meeting Planner at [email protected] or (804) 297-3488.
Venue: Hilton Downtown Hotel
A room block has been reserved at the Hilton Downtown Hotel as follows:
- Flat rate of $169.00 plus tax for single or double room.
- 1 night’s advance deposit or credit card guarantee secures room reservation.
- Check-in is after 4:00 p.m. and check-out is by 11:00 a.m.
- Hotel accepts major credit cards or cash for settlement of account.
- Make reservations by December 30th by visiting the Hilton Webpage for VMDAEC at: https://book.passkey.com/gt/217337838?gtid=18dfe8a62f6a6ac8ed118a0e39004bb
- Cancellations received 48-hours before day of arrival avoid penalty of first night’s room rate.
- Directions to hotel located on page 4 of this notice.
- Valet parking is available for $20 per day, which includes unlimited ins and outs.