Robert’s Rules of Order Seminar
October 26, 2020 • 10:30 a.m. – Noon
$50.00 per person
Association Counsel, Sam Brumberg and General Counsel Josh “Pret” Pretlow will present a workshop on Robert’s Rules and how they apply to Cooperative meetings. From individual committee and board meetings, to the Cooperative’s annual meeting, adhering to parliamentary rules is often confusing, time-consuming, and even unfortunately, sometimes seen as unnecessary.
Sam and Pret will take us on a journey through the basics of parliamentary rules, showing how rules can be used to the advantage of Cooperative boards to streamline procedures, ensure that all voices are heard, and shield cooperatives from liability. From the boardroom to the annual meeting, Robert’s Rules and other parliamentary procedures are designed to be beneficial and helpful to the Cooperative.
Topics for this 1.5-hour virtual seminar include:
- Basic Rules Governing Meetings
- Notice and Order of Proceedings
- Dealing with Motions and Committee Reports
- Taking Votes and Having Deliberative Discussions
- Role of the Chair
- Dealing with the Floor of the Annual Meeting
- Adjournment of the Meeting
- Pitfalls: Dos and Don’ts
- Proper Taking of Notes and Minutes