SAFETY, TRAINING AND EDUCATION SERVICES
Safety, Training and Education Services supports members and staff through safety, training and educational opportunities.
The department’s role is to:
- Develop and present training courses on relevant safety topics to electric co-op line crews and other employees.
- Conduct dielectric and electrical evaluations on electric co-op equipment.
- Conduct safety inspections of co-op premises, prepare written reports for CEO and management, and share results with management.
- Conduct safety meetings at member systems.
- Help ensure compliance with applicable federal and state safety regulations.
- Coordinate relief assistance to member systems to assist with outage restoration.
- Conduct apprentice training, substation training and system operators training at the Association’s Training Center.
- Conduct annual Gaff-n-Go Lineman’s Rodeo.
- Provide training to cooperative directors, management and staff.
- Coordinate statewide board meetings and professional group meetings.
- Conduct membership surveys.