LTAP graduates include first female journeyman
Earlier this month, VMDAEC hosted a graduation ceremony at its Training Center in Palmyra, Va., celebrating completion of the Lineman Technician Apprenticeship Program by 14 apprentices. Among the cohort was the LTAP program’s first female graduate, Gena Boarman, who began her career at Northern Neck Electric Cooperative following her completion of the Power Line Worker Training Program at Southside Virginia Community College.
Association Manager of Safety Training Todd Butcher led the ceremony attended by family, friends and colleagues, including Shenandoah Valley Electric Cooperative President and CEO Greg Rogers and Northern Neck Electric Cooperative President and CEO Brad Hicks.
- Tyler Hall – Craig-Botetourt Electric Cooperative
- Genevie Boarman – Northern Neck Electric Cooperative
- Thomas Chris Henry – Northern Neck Electric Cooperative
- Cameron Lewis – Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
- Chad Sorensen – Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
- Hunter Harman – Shenandoah Valley Electric Cooperative
- Stevie Cook – Shenandoah Valley Electric Cooperative
- Cody Roark – Southside Electric Cooperative
- Andrew Breeden – Town of Culpeper
- Trevone Holmes – Town of Culpeper
- Deontay Wilson – City of Danville
- Jason Greenwell – City of Franklin
- Jake Heglar – City of Manassas
- Tim Hogan – City of Manassas
The Association looks forward to one more LTAP graduation ceremony later this year in December.
–Report by Jim Robertson, Manager of Member Services, VMDAEC