NOVEC’s public relations division was recognized with eight awards in 2021 for its outstanding communications work. Honored were:
Senior Graphic Designer Leslie Khamsivone’s designs:
• Council of Rural Electric Communicators and NRECA Spotlight on Excellence Silver award for NOVEC’s 2020 annual report.
• Spotlight on Excellence Silver award for NOVEC’s booklet about its biomass power plant.
• Awards for Publication Excellence award for NOVEC’s 2020 annual report.
• Graphic Design USA’s American Inhouse Design award for NOVEC’s 2020 annual report.
Digital Communications Coordinator Emily Ready and Leslie Khamsivone:
• APEX award for NOVEC New Member Email Series.
Senior Communications Specialist Priscilla Knight won:
• Cooperative Communicators Association’s Writer of the Year award for an investigative feature, personality profile, entertaining feature, long-form feature and a news story.
• Spotlight on Excellence Silver award for writing NOVEC’s 2020 annual report.
• APEX “Grand Award” for a Cooperative Living magazine feature story.
PR and G&T Communications won:
• Silver Telly award for NOVEC’s 2021 TV advertisement, “Keeping Life Bright.” NOVEC ads have won 15 Telly awards, which recognize “excellence in video and television across all screens.”
“Winning eight awards in a single year is quite an accomplishment,” said Matt Robertson, NOVEC’s manager of public relations. “And several of NOVEC’s award entries won top honors in 2021. We’re incredibly proud of our public relations team and what they have achieved this year.”
(Above photo: From left, Priscilla Knight, Matt Robertson and Emily Ready sit behind NOVEC’s 2021 PR awards.)
—Report by Matt Robertson, NOVEC Public Relations Manager